The Hypnotic Virtual Gastric Band
It is a technique that has had a significant amount of media coverage recently, and can be extremely helpful to appropriate clients, or clients particularly interested in this type of hypnotherapy, but would only be adopted if the client is comfortable with the concept.
It works by convincing the subconscious that a gastric band has been fitted, so that the client can then only eat much smaller amounts of food, in much the same way as a real gastric band works.
In fact, it’s much safer, because having a real gastric band fitted can sometimes lead to complications.
The Hypnotic Virtual Gastric Band is like flicking a switch in the brain. It changes a person’s attitude towards food and helps them regain control over cravings and bad eating habits. Feedback shows increased will power and no need for the person to deprived themselves of food they enjoy. Weight is lost naturally and consistently without dieting.
The most important difference about the Hypnotic Virtual Gastric Band in comparison to the actual gastric band is that the virtual version deals with the issues in a person’s mind and their relationship with food. Having a foreign body inside their stomach simply does not deal with the psychological factors. A bariatric surgery patient has to eat a pureed diet for the first few weeks and can still overeat causing the band to burst. With the Virtual Gastric Band if they find they are eating too much it can be tightened under hypnotherapy.
All clients are assessed before commencing with the Virtual Gastric Band procedure. Generally if you are over-weight and committed to losing that weight and changing your life style you would be considered suitable.
The program is not suitable for individuals who have a physiological reason for their weight gain. In particular Thyroid problems need to be stabilised before fitting the band. This treatment plan is also not suitable for insulin dependent diabetics.
Did you know that privately, prices are around:
- £5,000-8,000 for gastric banding
- £9,500-15,000 for gastric bypass surgery
As the name suggests you will be lead through a ‘virtual‘ gastric band surgery procedure, using hypnosis and visualisation techniques. The are many benefits of having a non-evasive virtual procedure instead of surgery.
- Delivered in the comfort of our consulting rooms
- No prepping (for surgery) or fasting
- No anaesthetic required
- No needles or knives
- No surgery
- No risk of infection
- No recovery time
- No tubes
- You can eat solids and drink straight after the session (if it’s the right time).
What do you get for your money with Crystal Palace Hypnosis?
The Hypnotic Virtual Gastric Band can be fitted by either:
A series of FOUR one hour weekly sessions + a COMPLIMENTARY follow up session + A Hypnosis CD (£400)
- In the first session you will be introduced to hypnosis and experience the fantastic feelings of relaxation and calmness which results from being hypnotized.
- In the second session we link the powerful associations in the body and mind, which allow us the freedom to make choices as to what we do and do not eat. This is a powerful step as the most freedom we can feel is when we are able to make choices as to what we want to change.
- The third session is the Pre-Op session where we begin to disconnect those neural pathways that are keeping the eating patterns in place and begin to seed how the change WILL occur as well as as well as focus on your future relationship with food.
- In the fourth session you will be fitted with the (Hypnotic Virtual) Gastric Band.
- In subsequent sessions the gastric band may be adjusted.
An intensive session of 2 1/2 to 3 hours + a COMPLIMENTARY follow up session+ A Hypnosis CD (£250)